This page contains information and instructions on the Borough's leaf collection. This is updated throughout the year and we recommend you regularly check back for the most up-to-date information.
- Leaves should be raked to within 5 feet of the curb and should be ready for collection by 7 a.m. each Monday.
- Keep leaves away from any poles, trees or signs and please refrain from blowing or raking leaves into the street as they can clog storm drains and lead to flooding.
- Do not place leaves in bags for this seasonal collection.
- Please make sure that leaves are free of brush, glass, cans, rocks or other debris, as these items may cause injury to workers and damage to the collection equipment.
- Foreign objects and debris mixed in with leaves also add contaminants to our compost feedstock, potentially affecting the finished product.
- For a video on proper instructions click here @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Other leaf collection information:
- Winter Leaf Collection
- Spring Leaf Collection
- Request an Organics Cart
- Collection and Other Yard Trimming
During the winter, leaves are collected in residents’ organics recycling cart (green-lid cart). If you have opted out of this voluntary program, leaves may be dropped off at the Glenn O. Hawbaker Recycling Center for a fee.
The spring leaf collection starts in March and ends mid-May. Please follow the instructions listed in the next tab ("Instructions").
Sign up for the organics recycling program by calling (814) 234-7135 or (814) 234-7140 to request an organics recycling cart free of charge.
Brush (woody, chippable material) is collected separately from leaves. Schedule brush collection by calling (814) 234-7135 or submit a request online. Grass clippings and brush that can fit inside an organics recycling cart, should be placed in the green-lidded organic recycling carts.